Growing up we always had Christmas Eve traditions. When we were younger we would participate in the Christmas Eve Pageant, have a Christmas Eve dinner out, and then go home and open one gift (usually from grandma) and some Christmas Eve PJs.
This year I want to start a new tradition with my boys, Christmas Eve boxes. As they grow the boxes will evolve with them but as a toddler and baby we’re going to keep them fairly simple.
- A reusable box/basket. I am using adorable baskets that I actually found at the dollar tree. You can use gift boxes, baskets, or wrap separate gifts- whatever works for your family!
- Matching PJs. This year I’m going to be gifting them an adorable matching set from baby Mori. They’re festive but can also be used all winter long.
- An Ornament. They’ll each get an ornament to hang on the tree. Max is getting a mac & cheese ornament because it’s hands down his favorite food (his first birthday celebration was mac & cheese themed). Theo is going to be getting a keepsake ornament, it comes with two molds so if Max let’s me I’ll do his hand as well!
- A book. Each boy will be getting an age appropriate book. Max’s book is from Rally Felt Co. and Theo’s is a holiday classic, the Nutcracker.
- A snack. Max is getting cheese-its because he loves them and Theo is getting new bottles because he’s not quite old enough for food!